[mythtv-users] Playback problems No XVMC with fx5200, with current nvidia drivers

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 21 21:40:41 UTC 2008

kim Gross wrote:
> I thought maybe it was something with the newest drivers, so last night
> I installed the 9639 version to see if that would solve the problem, and
> it does not either.  GLX is working, openGL seems to work, it is just
> XVMC that does not work.

I have been using the 9755 driver for about 2 years now. Xvmc setup
requires a couple of things:

You need freetype, type1, vbe, glx, dbe and extmod in your xorg.conf
Module section.
You need "UseEvents" "True" and "XvmcUsesTextures" "False" in your video
card Device section
You need a one line XvMCConfig file with 'libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1' as
that line.

Those things together should enable xvmc. Check dmesg for errors and
Xorg.0.log for any errors which x finds.

I didn't notice which chipset you are using, but xvmc should work if you
can run the 9639 driver.

Geoff