[mythtv-users] mythwelcome and shutdown/wakeup

James Hood ebenblues at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 02:47:26 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----

 set
> the next wakeup time for the EARLIER of: the next scheduled
> recording,

 or
> the recommended EPG update time.
>
> Very handy!
>
> MD

 here.

Thanks for the link. Just to answer my original first question, I looked at the code and mythbackend does *not* take the next time it will grab Program Guide data into account when calculating the next startup time. It only looks at the next time it is scheduled to record a program. The good news is when the backend does eventually start, if it is past the scheduled time to get Program Guide data, it will grab the data then. So it's not broken, but it might be nice to have the option to wakeup the system to get EPG data.

James

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a false image."