[mythtv-users] Widescreen 720x576 and problems with squashed Watch Recordings preview images?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:24:31 UTC 2008

I use a 720x576 *widescreen* resolution running with rectangle pixels
but my preview images in the Watch Recordings screen appear to be
squashed and do not look like they have been resized with the correct
aspect ratio.

It is like the image creator is assuming that 720x576 is a 4:3
resolution or something and is not taking into account the rectangle
pixels and is therefore squashing the image.

If I measure my full screen it is 57cmx32cm (approx 1.78 ratio - i.e.
16:9).  If I measure the preview image it is 12cmx4.5cm (approx 2.66
ratio).

Are any other users having the same problem and know of a fix or does
this need adding to trac?

Using Mythbuntu 7.10 Trunk with Metallurgy 11-Jan-08 theme.

TIA