[mythtv-users] Poor image from PVR-150

C. R. Oldham cro at ncbt.org
Sun Jan 20 04:56:08 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I have a MythTV setup running 0.20.2 with two PVR-150 tuner cards in
it.  I recently switched from OTA analog to Qwest's VDSL service and
figured out how to get three streams of video out of the cable box,
and this was the first time I really had used the second tuner card.
Tonight I realized that the image from my first card (/dev/video0) is
fine, but the image from the second card (/dev/video1) is very noisy
and the colors are extremely distorted.  The image is the same whether
it is from the actual tuner on any channel (the Qwest box provides a
stream on channels 6, 7, and 13), or from the composite in on the card
(my cable box provides composite out, and I also hooked up my old
VCR).  Should I assume something has gone wrong with the card itself,
or is there some tuning parameter somewhere I should mess with before
giving up on it?

Thanks in advance for help.

--cro