[mythtv-users] digital vs analog stations

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 22:27:39 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 11:01:22PM +0000, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> I think that you have the wrong idea about this. It's not two side-by-side
>> tuners, think of it as one tuner that can operate in two different modes. Now,
>> how do you record two *different* programs, one on each mode?
>
>      Change the tuning mode whenever you change the channel.

And you know perfectly well that I meant - how do you record *two* programs, one
on each mode, *at the same time*? Changing the mode when you change channel is
fine, but you can only tune one channel at a time. Therefore you can only record
one thing at a time. This isn't like multirec, you know.

Mike Perkins