[mythtv-users] Greater Toronto Area and Schedules Direct Digital listings

Colin McGregor spamtrap151 at rogers.com
Sat Jan 19 20:48:34 UTC 2008

Okay folks,

I sent in a grumble e-mail to the Schedules Direct folks about the lack of
digital over the air TV stations listed for my postal code (in mid-town
Toronto, ON). This granted is a modest issue as I have currently set-up a
listing source in Youngstown, NY which basicly works okay.

As you can see they have sent a nice response. Question is, how do I word my
response so that not only does this issue get resolved for me, but every
other Schedules Direct user in the Greater Toronto Area?

Below is my draft response. In drafting my response, I was looking at the
display on MythTV box and at the Canada Post map pages here:

www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/pg/fsamaps/pdf/Canada.pdf

What additional postal code(s) should I include (or drop)? What additional
stations should I include?

Comments?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor

--- [snip] wrote:
> On Fri Jan 18 14:44:12 2008, colinmc151 at rogers.com
> wrote:
> >
> > Does NOT list any digital channels.
>
> TMS hasn't been listing digital channels in Canada
> until very recently.
>  They're building their database of stations.  If
> you send me a list of
> the stations then I can get them input, otherwise
> you'll need to wait.
>
> So, something like:
>
> 6-1 CFJT-DT
> (etc)

Okay, here is a list of the local digital stations
that I can get with an attic mounted antenna (I plan
to move the antenna outdoors once the weather gets a
bit warmer which will likely mean a few additional
digital channels, but this makes for a great start :-)
).

2_1 WGRZ-DT
2_2 WGRZ-SD
4_1 WIVB-HD
5_1 CBLT-DT
7_1 WKBW-HD
7_2 WNGS
7_3 WCSN
9_1 CFTO HD
23_1 WNLO-HD
25_1 CBLFT-D
29_1 WUTV-HD
29_2 WUTV-SD
42_1 WNED-HD
42_2 WNED-SD
42_3 WNED-Th
57_1 CITYHD
66#0 CKXT-DT

The above channels should be available to almost
anyone with a semi-decent antenna in any Toronto
postal code (any postal code that starts with the
letter "M") and the following communities near
Toronto:

Brampton, ON (postal codes starting with): L6P, L6T,
L6S, L6R, L6Z, L6V, L6W, L7A, L6X, L6Y

Burlington, ON: L7L, L7M, L7N, L7P, L7R, L7S, L7T

Hamilton, ON: L8E, L8G, L8H, L8J, L8K, L8N, L8P, L8R,
L8S, L8T, L8V, L8W, L9A, L9B, L9C, L9G, L9H, L9K

Markham, ON: L3P, L3S, L3R, L4A, L4B, L4C, L4J, L4H,
L4K, L4L, L4S, L6A, L6B, L6C, L6G

Mississauga, ON: L4V, L4W, L4X, L4Y, L4Z, L5A, L5B,
L5C, L5H, L5J, L5K, L5L, L5M, L5N, L5P, L5S, L5T, L5R,
L5V, L5W

Oakville, ON: L6H, L6J, L6K, L6L, L6M

Pickering, ON: L1S, L1T, L1V, L1W, L1X, L1Y, L1Z

Thanks.