[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sat Jan 19 17:22:55 UTC 2008

If you install myth on your other machines as slave backends to the master
backend it will offload the jobs (commflag, transcoding) to the multiple
backends. You don't have to have a capture device in the machine to run it
as a backend system.
I have a FE/BE and a MBE system already. I'm going to have a 3rd backend
that is only online at certain times. Planning to offload older recordings
to it as an archive machine and then update the database to know the
recordings are on it to play them if I want to. I may start turning off the
FE/BE system when I'm not home as well to save on electricity.
I finally got the 3rd machine fully installed last night right before my
master backend finished recording 3 shows at the same time. When I looked at
the job list in mythweb I noticed that all 3 backends had done a commflag, 2
in HD, 1 in SD. It only took about 15 - 25 mins for all the jobs to finish.

Marc