[mythtv-users] 0.21 - general Subversion tips

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 11:47:37 UTC 2008

Holger wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I'm not a MythTV-expert (just yet), but I know Subversion pretty well,
> so maybe I can add something useful :-)

Thanks very much for the tips, Holger. I have used other source control systems
before, but Mythtv is the first project I have come across that used subversion,
so my knowledge of it is naturally a little sketchy.

I *did* look at the pdf. In fact, my usual method of attacking manuals is to
read them from cover to cover (geek? yes, I know). This ensures that, even if I
don't remember precise details of any particular operation, I will usually
remember enough to know roughly where to look in the manual.

In this case I was in a bit of a hurry, since I wanted to use svn to fix a
particular problem I had. I subsequently fell ill, so never had the chance to
bulk out my knowledge of subversion. And, hey, it's Myth! Get it working, then
tiptoe quietly away...

I will have to read things up now 0.21 is about to appear. I will take note of
the suggestions you made, and write down an appropriate strategy. Thanks again.

Mike Perkins