[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:49:56 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 9:08 PM, Bryan Murphy <bryan.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 8:57 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, set her stuff at a low maximum episode limit - maybe 1?
> Sigh...
> I *ALREADY* do that.  But she finds *NEW STUFF*.  I'm constantly
> having to go in there, tweak settings, change limits, move things
> around, and delete stuff for her.  And, just when I think I'm done,
> she finds something new and I have to do it all over again.

Don't record in HD, or change the default recording group to transcode
to SD and if you want to record and watch something in glorious HD,
use a different recording group.  When she records something, by
default it'll be in (or be transcoded to) SD saving TONS of space.  I
only have a 120gb drive for myth (including music) and routinely have
40 to 50 episodes on the drive at the same time.

Eric Ladner