[mythtv-users] 2 second delay on video (and is there a way to get rid of it?)

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Fri Jan 18 01:13:41 UTC 2008

James Paige wrote:

>>> 1 second would be adequate
>>> 0.5 seconds would make me dance with joy.
>> When you see what a 0.5s delay looks like, I doubt you'll be dancing
>> with joy. I find a small disparity in sync much worse than a larger,
>> more obvious difference.
>
> Alright, maybe it will be a brief dance of a small amount of joy, but
> I'll dance anyway.
>
> Dang it, why is this so hard? Dick Tracy could do two-way real time
> video in 1964! ;)

It's not hard.  It's just the Myth might not be the right tool for this
job.  The list archives have some discussions on using Myth with game
consoles.  There's a situation where any delay is not acceptable

I think the suggested solution is to use xawtv and add a menu item to
jump straight to it.

  - Wade