[mythtv-users] Setting up mythtv on debian etch

Jorge Luis jorgeperez326 at optonline.net
Thu Jan 17 22:54:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am running Debian etch and I am trying to install Hauupage PVR-150.

What I am trying to do is use the video capture card to record tv shows
for my kid.  I am connecting the output of the cable box to the TV input
of my card.

I followed the "HOW TO" found in the wiki.  However, I am not able to
get it to work.  With respect to the "how to" page  I skipped to the
part where  you install  mysql then myth tv since I already have Debian
installed I assume.

I run mythtv setup but I think is not saving any of my setup in the
respective databases.  The message in  xshell tells me something like
"mysql.videosource table doesn't exist".  I figure I don't have the
mysql database setup correct or created.  I do not know how to create them.

Could somebody help me.

Also, the card is supposed to read out of the box  xawtv and even that
doesn't work.  Do you thing that there is something else wrong with the
setup??

Please help.

Thanks

JorgePerez