[mythtv-users] 2 second delay on video (and is there a way to get rid of it?)

James Paige jamesp at westcoastaerospace.com
Thu Jan 17 20:01:54 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Josh White wrote:
>
>> On Jan 17, 2008 2:29 PM, James Paige <jamesp at westcoastaerospace.com >
>> wrote:
>> Next I attached a camera to my PVR-350's S-Video input. This displays,
>> but it also has a 2 second delay. My goal is to have this camera in
>> another building (connected by a high-speed cable) and if I a person
>> standing in front of the camera calls me on the phone, I would like
>> their mouth to sync up with their words.
>
> Zoneminder is better suited for this sort of thing. There's even a Myth
> plugin for it, but you need to adjust your expectations a little. You
> will never perfectly sync audio from a phone call with streaming video
> data from the internet.

Thanks! I'll look into zone-minder.

I do understand that zero-delay is impossible, I just need the delay to
be shorter. I know the people who will be using this system, and I know
they will *not* accept a delay that big :(

1 second would be adequate
0.5 seconds would make me dance with joy.

---
James Paige
West Coast Aerospace, Inc.