[mythtv-users] Help with this mailing list

James Paige jamesp at westcoastaerospace.com
Thu Jan 17 18:09:01 UTC 2008

Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:39:05AM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>> I don't think there is any simple way to remove your email address from
>> an archived message, and even if you could, that would not remove it
>> from any spammer lists you have managed to get on.
>
> Aside from that, removing the messages from the official archive would
> also not remove them from the various unofficial archives and indexes
> scattered across the net.  It's usually a pretty safe bet that, once you
> put information into a publically-accessible area of the net, there's no
> way to remove it.  (You *might* be able to pull it off if you have a lot
> of time, money, and lawyers to throw at the task, but, even then, it
> would be extremely difficult and success would not be guaranteed.)

Also remember that some spam-related viruses/trojans/spywares scan the
hard drive of infected computers for e-mail addresses in text files, so
if anybody who has ever subscribed to this list (or received any mail
from you in any way) gets infected by such a virus, BAM! your e-mail is
on the spammer's list.

The best way to keep an e-mail address spam-free is to never use it.
ever. for anything. ever.

---
James Paige