[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 17 02:18:22 UTC 2008

On 01/15/2008 10:24 PM, Bryan Murphy wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 9:17 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> She can't click through Information Center -> System Status -> Machine
>> Status?  That tells you approximately how much free space (in time)
>> you have left.
> Spoken by a true Linux geek.  Honestly, no she can't, nor would I expect her to.

You can use MythControls or MythWeb to map a key that's on the remote to
"Status Screen".  In SVN trunk (and soon 0.21), it remembers which
section of the status screen you were last on, so you can leave it on
Machine Status or Autoexpire List or ...

Even better, in 0.21, you can set up Myth to automatically mark programs
as watched when you exit at the end of the recording.  Then, Myth can
autoexpire watched programs first.  That way, even if she doesn't delete
shows after watching them, Myth can do it in a very sensible order.

Mike