[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

lemongecko at gmail.com lemongecko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:03:49 UTC 2008

On 1/16/08, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> You could try something like this:
>
> Install zenity if it's not already in your system. It's a small package
> unless you have to delve into a lot of dependencies. It allows you to use
> the gtk widget set to display dialogs.

What about mythnotify? I'd just scroll the OSD. I do that for 15
minutes every day. My kids come home from school, and if Myth is
showing Live TV on channel 71 (Cartoon network), the OSD continually
scrolls a reminder that homework and chores comes first. :-)

And as to the drive, I would personally ASK your fiancee for the $100
or so for the new drive. Not to be spiteful. No, tell her that you can
set it up to allow her more recording space, but it'll just require a
small dispensation of IT funds. What you're doing is just showing that
the ability to record whatever she wants willy-nilly will cost $100 to
accomodate. Maybe remind her that you're already capable of recording
and handling more video than any STB PVR from the cable or sat
companies if that might give her an idea of herWhile the vast majority
of us are still technically inept, we modern human beings ALL
understand money, and you're putting a value on a service.