[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:58:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 9:10 AM, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> doing
> something stupid and hoping your wife doesn't notice is an important
> part of married life so you may as well practice.

Truest.
Statement.
Evar!

Thanks, I about choked on my drink of water when I read that! There is
no truer statement about marriage out there than that. Personally, I
added an additional PVR-250 back in the day to help with Sunday NFL
games (and didn't tell the wife). It never came up that three things
were recording at the same time when she knew I initially only ever
bought 2 recorders. Yet, she never once complained again that one of
her shows wasn't being recording because of conflicts.

Just set all YOUR programs not to auto-expire so that when it gets
filled up only her stuff gets deleted. Also, set your recordings up in
a different group so that you can just switch over to your group and
not see her stuff when you get home.