[mythtv-users] 720p decoding

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:15:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

Iīve had USB issues with my A8N-VM CSM, my nova-TD hangs the entire usb
subsystem if i donīt occupy my second PCI slot with an usb controller.
So I swapped my A64 3200 out for a 2,6Ghz P4, wich gave me 3! usable pci
slots =)

Unfortunatly I found out yesterday that ther are some shows that I like that
has aired on HDTV, can a 2.6Ghz P4 with HT decode 720p, mpeg2?
I have an ATI 7000Ve card but might be able to swap to an nvidia 6200 card,
otherwise does the AMD rig have the oumph to handle it?

TIA
/Henrik