[mythtv-users] Neoware Thin Clients

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 16 05:28:50 UTC 2008

Mark A. Hoover wrote:

> Yeah, I did some looking around and found a few charts listing the
> hardware people were using.  Found a few people using machines around the
> same speed or slower, but the reviews were mixed.  Some were happy some
> weren't.  Didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I was looking for.

Well "Some were happy and some weren't" would apply to just any CPU
speed :-)

I'd think that if any significant number of people had good luck then
the ones who didn't probably had some non-CPU problems, often as simple
as forgetting to kill all the unnecessary daemons that some modern
distros start.

> That makes me feel a lot more comfortable about giving this a shot.  If I
> can actually get the machines, I'll let everyone know how it pans out.

There's always something you can do with a working computer, if not a
Myth box then something else.

beww