[mythtv-users] Tuner priority question

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:56:50 UTC 2008

I've recently added a new master backend to my Myth network, and
relegated my old backend/frontend to a slave backend/frontend.  My
current set up as follows:

Tuner 1: SD card in master backend
Tuner 2: SD Card in slave backend
Tuner 3: HD card in slave backend
Tuners 4/5: HD Homerun on master backend

I didn't adjust any priorities on the cards other than adding them in
that particular order.

I was looking through the archives, and came across this post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/165477#165477

According to this, it seems like my system should *either* prefer
recording on tuenr 1 for SD and tuner 3 for HD *or* tuner 2 for SD and
tuner 5 for HD.  It seems, though, that the majority of the recordings
happen on tuners 2 and 3 - the slave backend.  I'm not NFS mounting my
recordings drive (and the new master backend has much more horsepower
for commercial detection and transcoding), so I'd like to keep the
majority of the recording on the master backend.  Is the best way to
solve this to delete all of the cards, and re-add them starting with
the master backend, or with the slave backend?

Thanks for the assistance.