[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Bryan Murphy bryan.murphy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:08:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 8:57 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, set her stuff at a low maximum episode limit - maybe 1?

Sigh...

I *ALREADY* do that.  But she finds *NEW STUFF*.  I'm constantly
having to go in there, tweak settings, change limits, move things
around, and delete stuff for her.  And, just when I think I'm done,
she finds something new and I have to do it all over again.

She's a smart girl, when something slaps her in the face, anyway.  The
problem with MythTV is that there is too much going on behind the
scenes, and no visibility into it.  I'm looking for ways I can make it
more apparent to her what's going on, and what the consequences of
what she does are.

It's more of an educational problem.  I can continue doing what I'm
doing, but I'd really like to improve the system so that she can
educate herself (without having to dive into the esoterics of Linux
and the command line).

Bryan