[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Bryan Murphy bryan.murphy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:38:04 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

My fiancée doesn't seem to understand the concept of hard drive space.
 More specifically, she doesn't seem to understand the concept that
you can't record 20 episodes of Oprah in HD and magically expect
everything to just keep on working.  Now, of course, I setup limits
(only record the last three days, deleted older episodes, etc.) but
this is a constant point of contention. She is always finding new
stuff to record with no concern for the limitations inherent in the
system.  Even worse, she never deletes anything so I have no idea what
she's watched.

Now, I already have 500gb in this machine, and I am not going to spend
any more money on it.  The problem is, there's no good feedback in the
MythTV UI that you're getting low on disk space.  Is there anything we
can do about that?  I think we need to make this a lot more prominent.
 We need to smack some people on the face with this stuff.  It's very
easy to forget that you're running low, and then when things stop
working because she (I mean we) went over the threshold I'm left
having to pick up the pieces.

I don't know what to do!
Bryan