[mythtv-users] PS3 front-end with UPnP

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jan 15 23:48:22 UTC 2008

David Durham, Jr. wrote:

> Ok, it looks like the discovery process just takes a while.  I left
> the ps3 on for a while, and it eventually finds the mythtv media
> server.  Triggering the media server search doesn't do it.  I'm not
> really sure what would cause that.  I saw in other forums that
> restarting the mythtv backend helps, but I've not tested that.

I've heard that the latest PS3 software (2.10 I think) broke something
in the DLNA code (the portion of UPnP which allows you to use PS3 as a
frontend for MythTV). I don't have a PS3 (yet) so I can't test it. I
believe the problem was that the latest software can't stream videos
from a DLNA backend.

Would be great if you could test it and see how it works.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/