[mythtv-users] OT: Your experience about Frontend-Clients

Markus Espenhain markus at espenhain.org
Tue Jan 15 21:45:32 UTC 2008

Hello Steve,

Steve Smith wrote:
> Yes from that wiki the S100 looks great for an SD front end.
>
> Have you tried looking at the Hauppauge MediaMVP (aka mvpmc)? It
> fullfills most
> of your requirements apart from USB connnectivity (and it won't play
> anything other than MPEG1/2 without server transcoding).

thanks for your answer to my thread.

Yes, I had heared about this system a few years ago, but the community
around the MVP were not yet so far.

I'm glad to see, that the project has developed.

As I saw on the web page the replacement of the original software of the
MediaMVP is necessary. So I have also a other frontend for the
mythtv-server as the "original" fromtend of mythtv. Have you ever used
this? Is it usable? Or could I install on the MVP the "original" frontend?

Thanks for your efforts!

cu

Markus