[mythtv-users] AppleTV 2 and MythTV

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Jan 15 21:17:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:02:30PM -0500, Peter A. Daly wrote:
> Apple today announced the AppleTV 2, their second generation set-top device.
>
> It's time to give Apple's TV product a second look in terms of it
> being a companion to a MythTV system.
>
> Even if it doesn't run the MythTV Frontend, here are the key points to consider:
>
>    1. Apple TV does HD

The Apple Store says it can decode 720P H.264 at 24fps, or
960x540 at 30fps. That says "pushing the hardware to the limit
right there" to me. Has anyone actually seen 1080P output from
it?

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be traitorous Commie propaganda.
http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.