[mythtv-users] Not seeing LCD output on my Zalman HD-160

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 15 16:39:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Irumbo Mateene wrote:

> Thx for info I will give this a try and see what happens.  However I
> have the following questions:
>
> I have a PVR-150 that uses an ir-blaster to control my STB it also
> comes with an ir-receiver.   I haven't yet attempted to mess with
> the ir receiver but now may be a good time as any.
>
> Is there a possibility of messing things up i.e having 2 different
> ir servers running for the PVR-160 and the HD-160 case?   The reason
> I ask is that I am not sure whether getting the ir receiver (for
> HD-160 case) to work will mess up with the operation of the PVR-160
> ir blaster.   I believe the software that fires the blaster may also
> be the one that is litsening for ir transmissions for the PVR-150.

There is always the possibility. :) You'll likely end up with two lirc
devices in /dev and you'll need to figure out which one goes to which
device. I know that the irserver software will not mess with the
pvr-150. I had them both loaded at the same time at one point and both
were accepting key presses. Once I got the HD-160 receiver working as
I wanted, I got rid of the PVR one.

> Here is where it gets a bit messy.  I already installed LCDproc from
> (the linux lcd driver website), but it never worked.  I will
> uninstall LCDproc but it is possible it may have installed some
> config files .. could this be an issue?

Yeah, that will get messy. Just be aware of where things get installed
when you install them. I don't use an irblaster in my system so I
can't offer any advice on what will happen with that.

> finally would you have a working lirc file that works with your
> Zalman HD-160 case?

I'm guessing you are using the Hauppauge remote. I'll attach
my .lircrc file but be warned that I have reassigned some buttons that
make more sense on my Harmony 880 remote and for my needs.
More importantly, you'll need the .rem file so you don't have to
irrecord all the buttons like I had to. :)