[mythtv-users] Remote control not working in MythWelcome after hibernate

MPR List mpr.list at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:17:15 UTC 2008

On 1/15/08, Bryan Bennetts <bryan.bennetts at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, the countdown shouldn't be starting at all.  If the machine is
> successfully waking up to start recordings it means that mythWelcome is
> correctly setting the wakeup time?  If that's the case when you manually
> power up mythWelcome performs a check between the current time and the next
> scheduled wakeup time, if the difference is greater than a given threshold it
> *should* just start the FE automagically.  Of course, there is the chance you
> are manually powering up within the threshold period, at which point all bets
> are off and you'd get the case you are seeing.

I have unchecked the option to start the FE automatically if the
machine is powered on manually because this makes MythWelcome crash
when I exit the frontend again. That may or may not be related.
Waking up for recordings works so far, only there is no way to start
the Frontend from Mythwelcome if I start the MythBox manually.

> IIRC you can tell hibernate to stop services before going to sleep and restart
> them afterwards, you *may* get some mileage stopping lirc/mythbackend and
> restarting them or possibly removing the event handling module and
> re-inserting it?  I guess experimentation would be the key.

Well, I am stopping lirc and mythbackend and unloading all the DVB
modules before hibernate, other wise it would not work at all. I can
not confirm what Ma wrote that mytfrontend would not react to lirc
being restarted, might be different with the lirc_imon module, which I
do not use for the remote (yet).

> Hmm, I use KMail and GMail not had this problem...bad luck I guess :)

Well that was some confusion about @gmail.com and @googlemail.com
(which we have to use in Germany due to legal issues), it works now...

Thanks for the help so far, if there is any further info which I need
to dig out, I will happily do so when I get home tonight!

Rock on,
Jan