[mythtv-users] OT: Your experience about Frontend-Clients

Markus Espenhain markus at espenhain.org
Mon Jan 14 22:40:09 UTC 2008

recently I worked an a S100 Client as mythtv-frontend
(http://wiki.zenega-user.de/index.php?title=Hauptseite). The problem was
that the integrated SCART-Connector won't work with my
CentOS-Installation and the special driver from Intel (IEGD-Driver).
Recently I wrote on this list for help, but it seems that nobody has
experiences with this Client because of no answers.

So I decided to move to another Client-Hardware, therefore I'm now
searching one.

I found a lot of articles and websites about possible candidates, but
also I found a lot of problems.

What I need is an Client-Hardware like the S100 with the following

- no fans in the case (power supply and prozessor)
- ideal-proves with scart-connector (working under linux)
- USB2.0 Connector for a System on a USB-Stick (bootable from USB)
- ideal-proves with remote control (the s100 had a remote control, which
emulated a keyboard)
- network-connector (10/100Mbit)
- a easy to install client with no problems by the SCART/Video-Out

So the Hardware of the S100 is ideal for mythfrontend and it is also
very cheap. It's a pity.

What have you in use as frontend? Please check the above written
hardware requirements and if they fit, please write.

Thank you for your efforts!