[mythtv-users] Saving off Shows

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:54:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 4:18 PM, Rob Ogle <rogle at css1.net> wrote:

> If there's no way to pull them off using existing hardware, I'll try the
> burner. I hadn't even thought of MythArchive. Good call.

FYI, you don't have to have a burner installed locally in order to use
MythArchive to export your recordings.  I forget exactly which screen it's
on, but on one of the selection screens in MythArchive there is an option
that you can set to tell MythArchive whether or not to create an ISO and
whether or not to burn a disc.  If you don't have a burner installed in that
machine, just make sure to tell it to create an ISO and NOT to burn a disc.
Then you can move that ISO file to another machine that may already have a
burner installed.

I haven't tried this since upgrading Myth to 0.20.2 (for the schedulesdirect
updates), but I did this successfully many, many times using 0.20.1.  I
assume it still works, but you'll have to try it to find out.

Hope that helps (and maybe saves you a few $$)

Brad