[mythtv-users] Yum command for installing nVidia drivers

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jan 12 17:07:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 02:14:31PM -0800, Brian Steele wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 9:40 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> > > Until Axel builds the nvidia kernel module for that kernel, there
> > > isn't any yum command you can use to install the nVidia drivers from
> > > ATrpms.  I don't know when that build might happen, so you can either
> > > wait or install the drivers using nVidia's build/install mechanism.
> > > I'd recommend waiting personally...
> >
> > But the build is already a week old, why wait?
>

> Looking at the atrpms.net website here
> http://www.atrpms.net/dist/f7/nvidia-graphics shows
> nvidia-graphics169.07-kmdl-2.6.23.8-34.fc7-169.07-94.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> built on Dec 25.  Is the website out of date?

Yes, it's been annouced quite often that the website lags behind the
actual contents of the repo. No one is actually really using the
website, or at least not nearly as much as the repo, so most efforts
are spend on the repo contents than the web representation.

After all you do have atrpms(-stable) always turned on in your
depsolver config, right? If not, you're out of ATrpms' support matrix
anyway ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net