Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 04:01:14 UTC 2008

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 3:20 PM, Reid Anderson wrote:
>
> > I plan on putting a pcHDTV HD-5500 in the PCI slot and was looking
> > for a PCIe TV Tuner for the other slot.  My other option is to ditch
> > the HD-5500 for a Haupp dual tuner (500 I believe), but I'm still in
> > need of a PCIe Tuner...
>
> Or you could get a known working USB tuner or the popular HDHomeRun
> which connects via ethernet, gives you two discrete tuners and you
> don't have to worry about drivers at all.

I was hoping to keep it a closed box without add-ons hanging off it.  I
understand the ease of use of USB, but for a machine like this, it just
seems to make sense to plug the cable wire into the back of the machine
rather than into some little USB dongle.  I might have to break down and go
USB (definitely not Ethernet since the machine will be using that jack for
it's internet connection), but I'll keep looking into a PCIe Tuner (found a
few on TigerDirect) while I get the rest ordered and assembled (Shuttle
case, Intel G33 mb, 250W ps, 2GB Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo ??Ghz, Fan, ??GB hd,
and Lite-On DVD Burner)...