[mythtv-users] VisionTek TV Wonder 650?

Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:20:51 UTC 2008

Anyone out there have any info on the compatibility of the VisionTek TV
Wonder 650 Combo PCIe HDTV Tuner (
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815129006&ATT=15-129-006&CMP=OTC-Froogle&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Devices+++TV+Tuners-_-VisionTek-_-15129006
)?

It's an ATI Chipset, so I know to worry about them, but it appears to be of
the TV Wonder series not the All-in-Wonder that is known not compatible.  I
am interested because it is the first PCIe TV Tuner I've found.  I have two
slots in the Shuttle G33 (One PCI and one PCIe).  I plan on putting a pcHDTV
HD-5500 in the PCI slot and was looking for a PCIe TV Tuner for the other
slot.  My other option is to ditch the HD-5500 for a Haupp dual tuner (500 I
believe), but I'm still in need of a PCIe Tuner...

Would this TV Wonder 650 be compatible?  How about the remote/receiver?
 Should I even care about the fact that it comes with a remote?  Should I
keep searching for a different compatible PCIe TV Tuner and pickup a
StreamZap remote?

Thanks,
     Reid Anderson