[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Jan 11 22:36:59 UTC 2008

At 1:44 PM -0600 1/11/08, Mat Kyne wrote:
>I recently purchased a 1080p LCD. I am feeding it a 1080p signal
>from my MythTV box over the VGA cable. Everything looks great, but
>when I playback 1080i content recorded over the air HD, playback is
>choppy. I have a Nvidia FX5200 graphics card and am using the Nvidia
>binary drivers. The rig has a Pentium 4 3 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM.

I have a nearly identical setup (same card and CPU.) The only
difference is that I do use DVI. I have the same problems with
playback as you, but only when something else is going on (like a
transcoding or commflag job).

I intend to update to a later version of SVN soon, to try out the
recently-added interlace filters. They may be more efficient.