[mythtv-users] Slave backend issues

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:45:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 5:39 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>
> > I converted my old master backend to a slave backend last night.
> > After some my.cnf wrangling, I got everything up and working - that
> > is, until the flipping power went off for 20 seconds this
> > afternoon.  Argh.
> >
> > Anyway, now, I 'm having problems with the slave backend
> > connecting.  nmap shows ports 6543 and 6544 closed.  The slave
> > backend log shows that it connects to the master backend as a
> > slave.  The Master frontend log shows nothing of the sort.
>
> I assume you mean master backend, not frontend. Did you try restarting
> the master backend?
>
> Whenever I do a major configuration change, I always reboot my
> machine(s) to make sure they come back ok. I've been burned too many
> times thinking all was fine until I have to reboot for some reason or
> another. :)

yeah - master frontend log ;)

Both machines and processes have been restarted many times now.  Very very
frustrating.  I can't even use the web status page over port 6544 on the
slave backend.

I'm not sure what could caues these ports to *not* be opened - especially
considering they were before the power outage.