[mythtv-users] Slave backend issues

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:34:30 UTC 2008

I converted my old master backend to a slave backend last night.  After some
my.cnf wrangling, I got everything up and working - that is, until the
flipping power went off for 20 seconds this afternoon.  Argh.

Anyway, now, I 'm having problems with the slave backend connecting.  nmap
shows ports 6543 and 6544 closed.  The slave backend log shows that it
connects to the master backend as a slave.  The Master frontend log shows
nothing of the sort.

How can I make sure those ports are open again?