[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:44:52 UTC 2008

I recently purchased a 1080p LCD. I am feeding it a 1080p signal from
my MythTV box over the VGA cable. Everything looks great, but when I
playback 1080i content recorded over the air HD, playback is choppy. I
have a Nvidia FX5200 graphics card and am using the Nvidia binary
drivers. The rig has a Pentium 4 3 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. I had no
problems with playback before I switched to this TV. My previous
display was a Sony CRT HDTV, and was fed from a VGA to Component
Transcoder. I have not checked yet but I don't think that I am taxing
the processor and I am well below the maximum resolution and refresh
rate of the video card. I am using BOB to deinterlace playback. I am
looking for suggestions, maybe I am using the wrong filter, or would I
have better results if I used a DVI/HDMI cable instead of VGA? Maybe
someone has run into the same problem before.Thanks in advance.