[mythtv-users] Direct HD encoding from component....

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 11 19:22:36 UTC 2008

On 01/11/2008 02:06 PM, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 1:56 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any full-res h.264 sample content that mplayer or xine
>> will play so we can test it out?
>> I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade my AMD X2 4200+ already.
> You could try out the material from Apple's gallery:
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/

Be sure to compare resolution and frame rate as well as sync
(interlaced/progressive) or your test is useless.  I.e. an Apple movie
trailer at "1080p" is often 1920x816 or so (I guess if you reuse the 0,
you can make 1080 out of those digits with a few to spare) rather than
1920x1080 and usually 24fps.

Mike