[mythtv-users] Yum command for installing nVidia drivers

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jan 11 18:29:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 01:14:53PM -0500, vamythguy wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 12:41 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 10:56:43PM -0500, vamythguy wrote:
> > > Axel, I absolutely appreiate your efforts.  Is waiting the best path?
> >
> > No, because the packages are up since some time now.

> > the
> >
> >  --
> > Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

> For a 6600GT on an AMD64, with kernel 2.6.23.12-52.fc7, which package do I
> want?

I'll answer more generic so other users will be able to read this in
the archives.

There are currently three supported driver families, "latest", 71xx
and 96xx. All of them have the list of cards in their repsective
READMEs, which are part of the packages or can be read online:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/169.07/README/index.html
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/71.86.01/README/readme.txt
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/96.43.01/README/index.html

The 6600 cards are mentioned in the 71xx family. This is not to say
that 96xx or the latest won't work - often they do for some of the
functionality required and you don't notice any issues. So at the end
you need to just try them out all and see what works best.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net