[mythtv-users] 64 Bit and memory

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Fri Jan 11 12:12:50 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:
> mythfrontend processes each taking 9.4% of memory.  And when there are
> 15 processes going for mythfrontend it eats everything up.  When I
> killall mythfrontend the problem gets better.  I can atleast run the

I think that's your problem: there should only be ONE mythfrontend
process! On my x86_64 system, I can mythfrontend for ages without
restarting it... (I don't know exactly how long... I usually restart it
for other reasons every few days as I'm playing around with stuff)

Where are they all coming from?

Dean.