[mythtv-users] Youtube integration

Adam Egger mythtv2008 at bdam.de
Fri Jan 11 11:15:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 7:24 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> It is entirely possible that the YouTube HTML changed and the parsing of the
> video ID from the HTML fails and it cannot then grab the video.  If it is
> grabbing the video fine, it could be a codec issue (which you can test by
> downloading it yourself and playing it with the internal player).

Thanks Kevin for the answer.
I just realized that the Google Video feeds stopped working here in
MythNews as well. It looks like the way MythNews parses feeds for the
video ID isn't the most reliable one.
Now MythNews tries to play an xml file it gets from google video
where's only one tag inside: Internal Server error.

Could you point me to the place in the code where the parsing happens?

Adam

PS: I'm playing with MythNetTV now, well it's quite a different
approach to get the feeds into mythtv:
http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/mythnettv/