[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:20:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 9:29 PM, Eric (MythTV) <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
> To delve back into an old thread... I just re-install the newest Sipie
> on my KnoppMyth installation, and Sirius once again works great.
>
> However, with KnoppMyth, I have *never* been able to get popups working,
> with the song title/artist info.  The old version didnt work, nor does
> the current version, for me, at least.
>
> Has anyone been able to get the popup display stuff working on
> KnoppMyth?  I would be extremely excited to hear the secret. :)
> I'm still running KnoppMyth R5F1... havnt felt the need to upgrade.

don't know if this is it, but I could not get the pop-ups to work on
older version of fedora.  I believe one of the python packages needed
to be updated (either python itself or notify-python).  You may want
to make sure all your packages are update, and even then, I could not
upgrade to the appropriate versions with my fedora.  Of course, you
are using knopp/debian, so that could be a completely different story
for you.