[mythtv-users] reinstall and restore data/recordings?

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade gkade at unnerving.org
Fri Jan 11 06:09:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 2:52 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:

> If you are planning on a complete re-install, probably not. You have
> to be aware
> that there are files under /root/.mythtv and /home/*/.mythtv which
> Mythtv uses
> from time to time. If you are planning to preserve the user(s)
> information these
> will be saved (root probably won't, though).

Well, it's a little bit of a cross-install.

I'm currently running Ubuntu Feisty plus the Mythbuntu packages.  The
new install on the new disk will be straight-up Mythbuntu 7.10.

Guess I'll do the install, copy the data over, and see what happens. :)

Thanks,

Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <gkade at unnerving.org>
OpenPGP Key ID: EAF4844B  keyserver: pgpkeys.mit.edu