[mythtv-users] NVidia 5200 independent output capability?

Tim G tim.11.g at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:53:51 UTC 2008

I'm preparing to build my first MythTV box, which will be used
primarily for HD programs. I'm looking to purchase an NVidia 5200
based video output card such as the Gigabyte GV-N52128DS (due to the
B/W OSD issue with xvmc - only 4000 and 5000 series NVidia cards
support the workaround).

I would like to connect the DVI output to my HDTV, and the D-sub
output to a computer monitor. The specifications of this card do not
clearly indicate if the two outputs are independent. If I use
Mythbuntu, will I be able to have separate, independent video outputs
for the desktop and the TV playback?  I am concerned that the video
outputs provide a single signal in two formats (VGA and DVI).

Thanks!