[mythtv-users] Custom button image in THEME not working

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Thu Jan 10 19:48:08 UTC 2008

I'm trying to modify a theme but am hitting a wall.  I want to add a custom
image for a button (leading to a menu).
In the XXmenu.xml file I have defined my button as follows (notice the new
type), and the text appears in the menu without an icon:
     <text>Home Automation</text>
     <action>MENU ocg_automation.xml</action>

In the theme I'm using I edited theme.xml and added into the <titles>
section the following:
    <image mode="AUTOMATION">/data/mythtv/automation.png</image>
I also added a button definition in that file:
  <buttondef name="AUTOMATION">

And finally I created the two image files in /data/mythtv:
I tried reloading the theme etc, but my custom image is missing (blank).
Does anyone know what I've done wrong?