[mythtv-users] DVD ISO playback problems: Invalid IFO

Martin Ritchie ritchiem at apache.org
Thu Jan 10 15:17:56 UTC 2008

On 10/01/2008, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 7:37 AM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Or just use DVDShrink?  It does what Nero Recode does...for free, with a
> > > single click of a button.
> >
> > Or k9copy under Linux. It works the same way as DVDShrink and you have
> > even more options to choose if you like.
> >
> > Something about DVDShrink... You will have to uncheck the checkbox in
> > the preferences about using "Nero" for burning, even when you create
> > ISO file. DVDShrink is working with some old Nero versions an it
> > crashes if you don't have it.
> >

> Does k9copy support a command-line interface, or is it graphics-based only?

That is some good tips I shall again try some more when I get home.
Last night I had little success. Even k9copy crashed out. I shall try
ddrescue and dd_rhelp hopefully that will be the answer. Though I have
made successful ISO images, the problem seems to be related to the
playback being able to understand the region coding of the player that
the ISO is in.
Hopefully that is just a red herring and all will be well but I'll
keep you posted.

Thanks again to all who have suggested options.

--
Martin Ritchie