[mythtv-users] EIT data for only one tuner

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:28:18 UTC 2008

On 10/01/2008, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a Hauppage Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner, running MythTV under Debian
> Lenny. It works very well and I'm becoming addicted to watching recorded
> TV! MythTV really is an incredible bit of software
>
> I just have one problem (well 4 but the other's are for other threads) - I
> gather Listing data from EIT as opposed to xmltv or anything. This works
> pretty well, except only one tuner shows the data and annoyingly it's not
> the first tuner (I have to press Y to get to the tuner with the data)
>
> So, is there a easy solution to this problem? I'm at work now, but I can
> access the database.

How many video sources do you have configured in mythtv-setup? If you
only have the Nova-T-500 card in the machine (providing 2 DVB inputs),
you should only have one video source, containing all of the digital
channels from the channel scan. On the Input Connections page you
should attach this video source to both DVB-T inputs.

Both DVB tuners will then share the common EIT data, so it should be
available for all card inputs configured to use that video source.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/