[mythtv-users] NAS

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 22:42:37 UTC 2008

A JM wrote:
> Ty,
>
> I follow you on the mounting, essentially they are separate disks
> which if I understand correctly that's what Myth's storage directory's
> takes care of. Myth will essentially see these as one large storage
> area instead of individual storage areas, just trying to make sure I
> understand all the pieces before jumping in.
>
> Thanks guy's.
>
> AJM,

This depends on how you have it setup. Say you have 4 HDD's in your NAS.
If you setup your NAS using LVM or possibly RAID, so that the NAS "sees"
them as 1 big HDD, then your MythTV box (after mounting) will "see" them
as 1 big drive. On the other hand, if you setup your NAS as 4 individual
HDD's, then you would have to mount the 4 HDD's into different
directories on your MythTV box like, disk-1, disk-2, disk-3, disk-4. You
would then have to manually organize the 4 HDD's (directories on the
MythTV box) as you see fit.

--
Ty Unes - UNIX / Linux Administrator
Point b Computer Services