[mythtv-users] two menu EXEC problems

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 22:24:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 10:09 PM, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:

> I'm building a custom menu to handle my audio streaming and have run into 2
> problems:
>
> 1.  Ampersands:  It seems that if I have an ampersand in my command line,
> Myth chokes on the menu (won't even show entire menu).  But, I need
> ampersands in my URL.  For example below.  How should I handle this?

Since the file is an XML file, you should be able to use the proper
method of defining an ampersand:
&amp;

HTML 4.01 Spec has most of the entity references that XML can use:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/sgml/entities.html

Try something like

<action>EXEC mplayer -cache 128 -playlist
http://38.99.162.179/ciqm1?ext=.asf&amp;al=b&amp;id=1&amp;mount=ciqm</action>

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com