[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:26:21 UTC 2008

On 09/01/2008, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am also compiling lists of channels available on VirginMedia (for
> > use with a channel changer script, not DVB-C) and Sky (subscription
> > and FreeSat/FTV) in the hope of making it simpler to configure
> > non-EIT-listings video sources in the UK.
>
> How do you intend to perform the matching for analog or STB-using
> sources? There will be no serviceids, so will you fall back to using
> the channel name? If so, would this approach not be usable for DVB-T
> as well?

I'm thinking analog could be done using (channel number|frequency) and
transmitter.

The initial aim for Virgin/Sky users using STBs is to allow the
configuration of a _new_ video source with lineup (supported and
unsupported uk_rt channels) rather than matching against an existing
video source. The configuration will include setting the channel
number and 'frequency' in MythTV, so that channel changer scripts
should work straight away.

DVB-S and DVB-T users can be matched against network/service IDs for
their existing channels or a new scan during mythtv-setup.

The initial aim of this work (I understand other, more global ideas
are also being discussed) is to enable easy creation of new video
sources containing the full complement of channels having listings
available from the Radio Times, for a range of different TV services.
The intention is to use the currently-discussed XMLTV Lineups features
to enable this. Some sources require an initial scan to correctly
populate the tuneable channels list, whilst others need to be
configured entirely manually.

Nick
--
Nick Morrott