[mythtv-users] NAS

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 15:25:36 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:24 PM, A JM wrote:
>

>> Anybody using NAS (FreeNAS) for a file server or does anyone have
>> some recommendations for setting up a file server on a budget with
>> some spare drives???
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> AJM,
>>

> Throw them in your linux box, LVM them and NFS share. Works great on a
> REALLY low budget.

I checked into FreeNAS and tried it out. The performance was not that
great but it did work well. I have set up a few of my clients with
NASLite and was familiar with the performance of NASLite. In my opinion,
NASLite  works just as well and the network performance seemed better to
me so I went with it. Even though NASLite costs $25.00, it's worth it.
Check it out at:

http://www.serverelements.com/

--
Ty Unes - UNIX / Linux Administrator