[mythtv-users] Removing myth RPM after compiled from source

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:22:13 UTC 2008

On 09/01/2008, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> I originally installed Myth via Mythdora.  I later downloaded source and
> started compiling from source.
> Now whenever I do a yum upgrade, it is trying to upgrade the myth RPM's from
> mythdora.  Is there a way to tell yum to remove/ignore the myth
> RPM's...since I have compiled from source?

You will probably want to use:

# rpm -qa | grep myth | xargs rpm -e

as per the 'Upgrading To SVN' [1] article on the wiki. That will
remove packages containing "myth" in their name, but not remove their

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_To_SVN

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: